Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

Nice abs. Finish a sitter. And learn to pass just once, and I'd back off. As is, he sucks. Any article praising him reflects a large amount of stupidity from the author.

He's a shit player - not worthy of an MLS starter position. That's it and that's all. Couldn't be more clear cut. He's over matched in this league.

Again, where is this scouting network that is supposed to be so valuable? Any of us familiar with the league knew he and Velasquez were both severely limited. Yet our super-funded team lines them up? Bahahahababa. Eat my ass. Get us good players and dump these shitbirds.
colorful :D

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Nice abs. Finish a sitter. And learn to pass just once, and I'd back off. As is, he sucks. Any article praising him reflects a large amount of stupidity from the author.

He's a shit player - not worthy of an MLS starter position. That's it and that's all. Couldn't be more clear cut. He's over matched in this league.

Again, where is this scouting network that is supposed to be so valuable? Any of us familiar with the league knew he and Velasquez were both severely limited. Yet our super-funded team lines them up? Bahahahababa. Eat my ass. Get us good players and dump these shitbirds.
So how do you really feel Midas????:cool:

Midas Mulligan, he pulls no punches.
I'm blaming my generally pissy attitude on the fact that I've worked non-stop for a month so I haven't gotten to post much. I have had make up for it in a short time, and we happen to be concurrently becoming a laughingstock of a team ON the field. I really prefer when it's only the FO that's a joke.

Not true. Knicks are garbage and they get olentytof attention. They were in the top 5 for attendance in the NBA this season, New Yorkers aren't bandwagon fans.
Nobody really cared for them though. And I feel bad for Knicks fans. I'm from NYC and I would love to see every NY team prosper. But Dolan is straight screwing the fans. Also Knicks were in the top 5 because of their brand and history. It's not the same with NYC FC they don't have the branding of the Knicks or the history. This is a make or break season for them so far they've gotten on a lot of fans' shit list. With the whole Lampard fiasco and now the way they're playing.

Nobody really cared for them though. And I feel bad for Knicks fans. I'm from NYC and I would love to see every NY team prosper. But Dolan is straight screwing the fans. Also Knicks were in the top 5 because of their brand and history. It's not the same with NYC FC they don't have the branding of the Knicks or the history. This is a make or break season for them so far they've gotten on a lot of fans' shit list. With the whole Lampard fiasco and now the way they're playing.

really? so if they fail to make playoffs ( albeit in the east from what i read would be easier than the west and with more spots) then might as well close up shop and leave.

i agree that the press could say forget you to a degree, but im sure they will still push it in YES or WFAN. and honestly for better or for worse they will be mentioned for its relationship with the yankees/ man city not much on how they play. look at the NYRB , they have had good seasons and not many cared.

as for fans, i dont see it that way many ( including myself) been wanting this for the longest. we finally got the team and even though it hasnt been run in the best way i still will support it even if they go chivas usa level season after season. I feel for many new yorkers many wanted this and wont let go as easy. of course there are casual fans that want to jump ship right now forgetting that this is still an expansion team with only a handful of official games in its existence. It wont be a pretty first year with a limited squad it should of been known wont always be a win.

and for my knicks its only because of MSG because only history we got was two titles in the 70's and finals run in 99. since then only a few playoff appearances.

Reactions: Paul
Takes time to build history, as long as the team is ambitious they'll be fine.

really? so if they fail to make playoffs ( albeit in the east from what i read would be easier than the west and with more spots) then might as well close up shop and leave.

i agree that the press could say forget you to a degree, but im sure they will still push it in YES or WFAN. and honestly for better or for worse they will be mentioned for its relationship with the yankees/ man city not much on how they play. look at the NYRB , they have had good seasons and not many cared.

as for fans, i dont see it that way many ( including myself) been wanting this for the longest. we finally got the team and even though it hasnt been run in the best way i still will support it even if they go chivas usa level season after season. I feel for many new yorkers many wanted this and wont let go as easy. of course there are casual fans that want to jump ship right now forgetting that this is still an expansion team with only a handful of official games in its existence. It wont be a pretty first year with a limited squad it should of been known wont always be a win.

and for my knicks its only because of MSG because only history we got was two titles in the 70's and finals run in 99. since then only a few playoff appearances.
I'm not saying everyone is gonna jump ship or just say screw this entirely. But a lot of people will, you'd be surprise. I'm supporting them 100% but we all know how NYC media is. They're gonna write them off and say all this crap. And I completely understand that this is an expansion team but there are a lot of people who don't understand that. It's frustrating but I know that things will get better if they (the organization as a whole) stays ambitious. But in NYC not a lot of people are patient and they want results now, especially if they're paying. I'm just as excited as anyone else, I went out and spent money on both home and away jerseys and I rarely buy things like that. I'm just hoping we can get it together and not have a completely shitty first year. I want NYC FC to finish with some promise even if they don't make it too far this season. The last thing we need is the media ripping them apart.

Media is one thing I'm not overly concerned I don't think this year is make or break. I still think we'll improve as we gel and I do think Lampard will have a positive impact as the main thing we're lacking is goals and he's a finisher. BUT for arguments sake if we stay poor all season and miss the play offs but in a year or two have a good season maybe a glamour DP etc. I still think we'd get the media coverage then. I don't think we'll lose them for all eternity by a poor expansion season. It's important we maintain at least a 20 K crowd even if things aren't going well. I'd be slightly worried if we're out of it and late in the season only getting 16 or 17 K but I don't see that happening.

Maybe a good cup run can lift everyone's spirits...

Oh wait, we don't play those at YS. In fact no one knows where we'll play them.

It's important each of us somewhat familiar with the league educate those new to MLS on how the league works. In order for them to understand that even though we're NYC backed by CFG, it's still David Villa, Mix and a bunch of MLS surplus guys. So any expectations of us RM/Barca(ing) the league are foolish. The team is a work in progress and as disappointing as the way we've dropped points was, taking into consideration what the roster is, things are encouraging.

I haven't read the entire thread so if this has been mentioned, my bad. Monday's Daily News article on the game, for no apparent reason the writer tosses out the term "stadium squatters" WTF, was that really needed in an article about the game?

Don't get me wrong, I love all the optimism, but I'm a realist, and right now, at this moment, this team stinks. Maybe some good luck would have changed some outcomes, but they've lost all those points because they're not playing well. I'm hoping things turnaround and start clicking, but I have a feeling that won't happen until Lampard gets here AND they sign a quality DP, preferably a defender. A majority of the people showing up at the games are casual fans, and once the shine as worn off their new toy, and they don't see results, they will begin to drop off. It's vital this year that NYCFC has at least a respectable season.

Also, I keep reading folks mention that it's an expansion team, and shit play like this is expected. I don't buy it. Honestly, as NYers, we should expect more from them, especially since they have all the resources in the world. No excuse not to field a decent team.

With that said, I'm in it for the long haul, babycakes.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC