Report: Pepa Sues Nycfc, Harrison Planning Board To Stop Team Training Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a bunch of bitter-ass people with nothing better else to do.

"PEPA’s argument now, as it was in the beginning, centers around traffic concerns and protecting the town’s environmental integrity."

What traffic are they worried about? The team traveling to the facility? A bunch of clowns. They're too concerned with their selfish reasons to see that in the end the students of the school benefit in the end.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
It´s just a temporary location, it´s not like we are intending to stay there ffs!

Nimbys par excellence :mad:

Sounds like the town I live in on LI. We can't get a parking lot built by the railroad because the people who live by the area don't want it, but they don't commute into work everyday. So the commuters are all screwed because there isn't enough parking.

Evidently its a shame for the college and students considering the prestige such an affiliation would have brought. Its probably not such a big deal for NYCFC however otherwise more would have been done to legally fight this. Wouldn't worry about it the club wouldn't give in easily on far bigger issues at hand. It could have been worth fighting the group out of principle (and there's no fights more courageous than those based on principles) but maybe not worth the time considering such constraints. Now we will see what the plan B is...

Last edited:
Ok - where do we go now? Greenburgh? Yonkers? I would imagine somewhere off of 287 would be preferred

Bunch of clowns with nothing better else to do.

Long Island could be another area to look at. What is the criteria? Wonder if Queensborough College could work.

I'd hope Pepa gets trolled by the college kids. Because of their BS, the college will miss out on infrastructure. It's whatever, I'm sure there's a few other places that will welcome us. LOLcosmos corn balls can celebrate all they want. We already got more fans than they do.

Reactions: Kjbert
If you are familiar with Manhattanville, I wouldn't be surprised if those kids are cheering today with the PEPA victory.

There's no square one with a plan B (or C, D and E) and I'm sure the club have it. No point anyone being incensed with rage over this its that college that has been well and truly screwed. As for other local clubs its somewhat amusing that they react as if this is a crippling blow. I guess its about point scoring in many ways but I wouldn't even score this a 1 out of 10 for them. Maybe a 0.5.

You're right, it's not a big deal for NYCFC. I'm sure they have multiple backup plans. The students and school got screwed.

Bunch of clowns with nothing better else to do.

Long Island could be another area to look at. What is the criteria? Wonder if Queensborough College could work.
A new location would be based upon where the stadium would be, i would think Bronx Manhattan would mean westchester and if Queens, BK then LI would make sense. Since they will be using Yankee stadium for at least three years, I would guess they continue to look in westchester, Tarrytown seems to be open to training facilities i.e Knicks and Rangers, maybe they go there

I think Westchester was the focus because that's where the leadership team lives
Reyna is in Bedford but Pernetti is in NJ. I think Westchester was chosen because them playing games in the Bronx, makes the most sense in terms of proximity. They will continue to look in westchester and if the permanent stadium is in the Bronx then I would be almost positive westchester will be the permanent training home

This is hardly an NYCFC nail in a coffin, I agree with Vinjay about that. But this ought to give everyone pause about the competence of the NYCFC front office. The naivete in thinking that someone wouldn't come in and sue it truly astounding. It also ought to inform people about just how hard it is to build a training ground, much less a 30,000 seat stadium. I mean, Buckley is having one of his customary fits of rage, but he was one of the ones who was very glibly trotting around the idea that because of the sheik's huge money, it's all easy to get done. I hope he's learning from this experience.

MLS was right in insisting that all the stadium ducks be in a row before a franchise is announced. The fact that they abandoned that pledge in pursuit of $100 million and the "privilege" of being associated with a Manchester soccer team is by and large the reason that the Borough Boys are the Cosmos, and not NYCFC supporters club today (though God knows, as Cosmos fans we have our own problems).

The truth is guys, the big swinging dicks involved in this, Cosmos ownership, NYCFC ownership, MLS, Yankees are all working at cross purposes right now. If (and it's a big "if" I admit, but still pretty likely) the Cosmos get the stadium in Belmont, (and they already have a first class training ground on LI), at what point does everyone come to the table and say, let's put the resources together for one club? I know as a fact that MLS has been purposely getting in the way of the cosmos stadium bid. And a few of us who are Cosmos supporters will do everything and anything to cause trouble for an NYCFC stadium in the 5 boroughs. But at some point it seems to me that it will just make sense for everyone -- not us the fans - but for the money guys and league guys to join forces and do something positive and get something done, because the truth is you guys in MLS may very well overshadow the Cosmos in NASL, but you guys can't play in Yankee Stadium forever.

No Vinjay, this Manhattanville thing isn't the biggest thing in the world for you guys, but it's indicative of the challenges that you face, and just another of a thousand little cuts you guys have been subjected to. At some point, something's gotta give.

Status
Not open for further replies.