2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

meh, wasn't this exact rumor floating around at this time last year?. Take it with an ocean of salt:

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

Vasco da Gama is interested in repatriating striker Talles Magno. When consulting with New York City, the possibility became complicated, as the MLS team asks for between 10 and 15 million euros.

Remembering that Juventus, from Italy, is also interested.

SOURCE: ‘UOL Esporte’

Apparently it was motta who is a fan of his, that’s why bologna was interested and why now juventus is “interested”

If the team needs to break a low block, I'd think Magno would be better suited to the task than any of the speedsters.
This, all day. Which is why I thought Nick might be holding him out until he could play Talles Magno and Jovan together. I could be totally wrong about that, of course. But to me, it looked like an extra dimension we could find handy when the match called for it.

The more I think about it, the more I think Talles hasn't played because the team is looking to move him, and doesn't want to risk an injury during that process.

The more I think about it, the more I think Talles hasn't played because the team is looking to move him, and doesn't want to risk an injury during that process.

You would think giving him a few appearances as a sub to show he's healthy would help his value, but maybe they don't want to risk it?

According to training photos.. magno is still training with the team.

Dunno if that means anything either way but he's still in my at least

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Glowing article on Matt Freese from, of all places, Forbes.

He's on the rise and people are catching on. That's good news because that means we have a solid keeper. It's bad news because he's good enough and young enough that it won't last. One of three things will happen, probably no later than next summer window;
1.) He is sold overseas.
2.) Now that he is getting attention, he regresses under the spotlight.
3.) An injury derails his progress.

Either way, by next summer we almost certainly won't be as solid in net as we have been since late last year.

Unless I'm missing something our last signing was Rio Hope-Gund on March 1. This is the longest stretch* from last winter signing to first mid-season signing we've ever had as a club.

* Excluding 2020.

David Lee after he spent all the money on Jovan, Ojeda, and Fernedez.

No Money Eminem GIF by Complex

• Haha
Reactions: LionNYC
Unless I'm missing something our last signing was Rio Hope-Gund on March 1. This is the longest stretch* from last winter signing to first mid-season signing we've ever had as a club.

* Excluding 2020.

I believe we have a full roster right now; unless we transfer someone out, we can't bring in any new players.

We have the maximum both on the senior roster (20) and on the full roster (30).

Just to talk about something. I’ve been thinking about a front four of

——-number 9*—-
Maxi--Santi—Wolf

I think it would be really enjoyable to watch the fluidity of those three players on the field at the same time. They could all play the ten and on the wings which would be really fun to watch them change and rearrange their positions as the opponents Defense tries to adjust to them or track them. One second Santi is in the middle then he switches with Maxi, then Maxi and Wolf switch. So on and so forth. They each have their own skills and specialties which could be really effective at breaking defenses.

I asterisk the 9 cause I’m not exactly sure who would be better positioned to play off of these three. It may depend on the game and the opposition. But my gut reaction is that Alonso would be the better option with those three. But I’d happily hear an argument for Bakrar too.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Just to talk about something. I’ve been thinking about a front four of

——-number 9*—-
Maxi--Santi—Wolf

I think it would be really enjoyable to watch the fluidity of those three players on the field at the same time. They could all play the ten and on the wings which would be really fun to watch them change and rearrange their positions as the opponents Defense tries to adjust to them or track them. One second Santi is in the middle then he switches with Maxi, then Maxi and Wolf switch. So on and so forth. They each have their own skills and specialties which could be really effective at breaking defenses.

I asterisk the 9 cause I’m not exactly sure who would be better positioned to play off of these three. It may depend on the game and the opposition. But my gut reaction is that Alonso would be the better option with those three. But I’d happily hear an argument for Bakrar too.
Or, oddly, would that be the formation in which Magno would thrive in the 9?