Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

Do tou Really expect people to turn and support man shitty? If that the case you need to fully undertake support as far as epl teams go...it is not like here where people change alliances based on where some on moves to and this comment leads more as to why nycfc is man city c team

I am not saying it will make fans of current EPL teams change. But I do think it would add fans to both the NYCFC fan base and the MCFC fan base by:

1. It will draw any MCFC fans in NYCFC not already supporting NYCFC, the precedence is there, just look at how many Chelsea fans are at every NYCFC game and Lampard isn't even here yet.
2. Converting casual fans that don't have an EPL team but are getting more into soccer and want an EPL team into MCFC fans.

2. Converting casual fans that don't have an EPL team but are getting more into soccer and want an EPL team into MCFC fans.
2nd part. This is 100% accurate. This is what they're going for. Same could be said for MCFC fans looking to America for a team to support.

Reactions: PB3
2nd part. This is 100% accurate. This is what they're going for. Same could be said for MCFC fans looking to America for a team to support.

So if one team have a million fans and the other one also a million fans and they support each others teams CFG will have 2 million fans lined up.
But if one team with its million fans and the other also with its million fans hate each other CFG will just have 2 million fans lined up.

So where is the synergy..? :cool:

Do tou Really expect people to turn and support man shitty? If that the case you need to fully undertake support as far as epl teams go...it is not like here where people change alliances based on where some on moves to and this comment leads more as to why nycfc is man city c team
Well, there *are* a lot of City fans here who also support NYCFC. Maybe it's because of that lovely sky blue.

So if one team have a million fans and the other one also a million fans and they support each others teams CFG will have 2 million fans lined up.
But if one team with its million fans and the other also with its million fans hate each other CFG will just have 2 million fans lined up.

So where is the synergy..? :cool:
Easy. If I am only a fan of MCFC then I only buy merchandise and tickets for MCFC. If I become a fan of NYCFC I then buy merchandise and tickets for NYCFC. As a fan of both I am more likely to spend somewhere on the parent company.

I could understand this. I watch Serie A religiously. EPL occasionally. I have no allegiance to any EPL team but now I have a rooting interest in MCFC.

Easy. If I am only a fan of MCFC then I only buy merchandise and tickets for MCFC. If I become a fan of NYCFC I then buy merchandise and tickets for NYCFC. As a fan of both I am more likely to spend somewhere on the parent company.

Or spend more on just one of them.. Looking at how CFG or rather CFM works it seems that offering multilevel sponsorships is where they cash in.
From global deals involving all clubs under the CFG umbrella to local and specific deals for a limited area. CFG offers it all thru their 6 teams including the two womens teams.

Yes, this. Same for me. I now have a team, in my city. Makes all the difference at times.

That is great to hear. Having a NYC proper team I am sure there are a lot of soccer fans that loved soccer but never cared about redbulls etc....glad to see NYCFC bringing soccer fans to become MLS fans. That is key in growing the league.

So how did the new york media cover this game ?

Lots of coverage on the news and papers ?? Or not much at all.

One of the clown soccer bloggers better start grilling Kreis about his tactics, subs and lack of care about us losing games and dropping points as long as his RSL guys get their goodbye tour.

What an incompetently written article: I'm not even counting the substance.

"It was an unseasonably cold day, much of which had vanished in the haze of a drenching summer drizzle."
Much of which what?

"Even though NYCFC had bought expensive, aging stars, perpetuating the loathed "retirement league" label."
That is not a sentence. It is a clause pretending to be a sentence.

ETA: Not a reflection on you Toe.

"It was an unseasonably cold day, much of which had vanished in the haze of a drenching summer drizzle."
Much of which what?

"Even though NYCFC had bought expensive, aging stars, perpetuating the loathed "retirement league" label."

If I ever publish anything I want you to edit it.

Reactions: FootyLovin

Much of which what?

Fluff piece from Leander. He is more suited to tactical analysis.

That said, he somewhat portrayed us in a positive light.